Update by user Feb 10, 2012

This was finally resolved! GHD admitted that the straightener must have been damaged in the post, and is filing a claim with Royal Mail.

They sent me a new working straightener. I am still annoyed at how this was handled in the beginning, but at least they made things right.

Update by user Feb 06, 2012

Update: In my latest contact with GHD, they elaborated on their accusation by claiming that the straighteners were SCRATCHED! This is a complete lie.

Original review posted by user Feb 03, 2012

I purchased a GHD IV Styler flat iron directly from GHD. When I tried it out, I was extremely disappointed with it...

it didn't get hot enough to do a proper job of straightening my hair, and my hair is thin/barely wavy! I decided to return it, so I packaged it in bubble wrap and sent it back to them. A couple of weeks later I received a letter which said that the straightener was broken from "accidental damage" and because of this, they would either charge me to fix it or return the straightener to me broken. The problem with this is, when I sent it to them it was technically working, just poorly, and I didn't abuse or or damage it in any way!

They accused me of breaking the straightener when in fact it was just poorly made. I am extremely upset. Anyway, I purchased a Cloud 9 straightener instead and it's amazing! Much better than GHD.

Stay away from GHD...

crappy products and even worse customer service! I'm out £79 now and I don't want this to happen to anyone else.

Comments